Jennifer Muller/The Works seeks dedicated and enthusiastic interns immediately!
Internships are offered on an ongoing basis, but can be created on a semester, quarterly or yearly schedule. The Works is thrilled to offer 2-3 internship positions (with consideration of turning it into a part-time paid position); interns will contribute 10-12 hours per week in the office, with a flexible schedule.
The Works would be happy to work with students obtain academic credit for their service, but it is also not a requirement. While this internship is unpaid, there is strong potential to lead into a part-time job opportunity. Interns must be 18 years of age and live in New York/New Jersey.
The Works is supportive and understanding of a learning environment, and will welcome any level of experience. The nonprofit is looking for interns with a mature attitude and willingness to learn! Interning with Jennifer Muller/The Works will allow students and young professionals to gain hands-on and valuable experience in the management and operations of a dance company in NYC. Internships are available in the following areas: General Administration; Development/Fundraising; Information Systems; Marketing & PR; Social Media.
- A passion for the arts.
- Must be able to work in our NYC office in person.
- A minimum of 10 hours a week over a period of at least two months (flexible schedule).
- Ability to work independently and also to work in teams.
- Candidates should be energetic, eager to learn and have a self-starter attitude.
- Candidates should be detail-oriented and have excellent professional, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Candidates should be energetic, eager to learn and have a self-starter attitude.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive, and Internet research.
The following abilities/experiences are a plus but not required:
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred, but not required; however, it will be an important consideration for further career development with the company.
- Experience working in the dance industry or in the area of nonprofits.
- Use of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with customer service; basic phone etiquette.
- Editing software Final Cut; Adobe Premiere; iMovie; InDesign, Photoshop.
- Others: WordPress, Constant Contact, MailChimp, SquareSpace, Wix, etc.
- Basic accounting and budgeting abilities (experience with QuickBooks).Instagram
To apply: Please your cover letter and resume to CLiu@jmtw.org; please also include a link for your LinkedIn (optional).
Benefits of an internship with JMTW:
You will gain professional experience to build your resume in the NYC dance field.
You will network with dance professionals and work closely with members of the artistic community.
You will learn a wide range of skills (administration, technical theater, booking and scheduling, etc.).
You will be able to volunteer at and attend performances.
You will be mentored and encouraged to ask questions, give input, and receive feedback.
You will be an invaluable part of The Works' creative and administrative team!